Wooden Floor Maintenance
When you have a beautiful wooden floor, you will want to keep it looking that way. The finishes we use at Strip Wooden Flooring are of the highest quality and are designed to keep your wooden floor looking good for many years. However, natural wear and tear can take its toll over time.
Dust, sand and grit can act like an abrasive which, if not removed regularly, can gradually dull the finish of your wooden floor. Furniture, children and pets can certainly have an impact too. This is why we offer an aftercare maintenance program to keep your floor in tip-top condition.
Bring a dull floor back to its original beauty doesn’t need to be a daunting task when done professionally. The is no need to sand everything back and start all over again. With a little expertise and the help of such treatments as Blanchon Protector and Blanchon Cleaner, your floor can be as good as new again in no time.
We will be happy to recommend the right maintenance program for your floor according to the type of finish, and the daily wear and tear. Simply contact us for a no-obligation quote or further advice.
A few tips to help you maintain the appearance of your wooden floor:
- Don’t let sand, dirt or grit build up. They can act like sandpaper, scratching and dulling the finish of your floor.
- Don’t use wax, soap or other domestic cleaners on wooden floors coated with a finish as they can dull the floor’s finish.
- Don’t clean wooden floors with a wet mop. Too much water can cause the floor to swell, warp or turn grey.
- Remove spills as soon as possible using a mop and appropriate floor cleaner.
- Sweep or vacuum your wood floors regularly. Once every week is recommended.
- Always use protective pads or caps on furniture.
Place mats at exterior doors to trap sand and grit.
- Use rugs in high traffic pathways, at the ends of stairs and near doorways. Avoid rubber backing or non-ventilated rugs.
- Trim your pet’s claws. Regular claw trimming helps avoid scratches and gouges.